Sunday, December 26, 2010

2010 Recap : My Career

Countdown to a new year, another recap for you!

Hi,
I think i have to begin my countdown dengan a good thing that had happened to me over this year.
My new employment kat Scope while leaving my first job kat IMU.

Cite kat IMU:
Actually i kinda liked the place as my first job. Low stress, flexible hours, cool boss, cool clients and a lot of med ahmoi students to ushar everyday.
Hahah. Yes. These med students dressed in short skirt, tight skanky tank top where it is unappropriate for you to wear in other public universities. Mula-mula aku datang sini tanya lah my fellow colleague. These sexy ahmoi, were they supposed to be the nursing students? To my surprise, they were med students while most of the nursing students were old ladies.Kehkeh. Workwise, kat IMU mmg best. Keje support the running IMU application. I had to do a lot of data migration,sql reporting, troubleshooting and performing walkthrough to clients. macam-macam lagilah
Kat ofis senang nak Pesbook or Youtube kalo stress although i have to admit they kinda stopping me from completing my task on time.Heheh. But major problem hit our app. System okay with meeting with the business requirement but it flawed here and there. Plus both user and the programmers in India weren't cooperative enough with me which was very stressful. Aku still remember the head of admission, Charmaine was being very pushy and complaining a lot.At this time, aku hit rock bottom. I thought why i was being paid with chump salary for this kinda work? So at that time, aku gigih update resume and posted it and went to an interview in a company called Scope.I thought if i got a positive review from this interview, i would pursue my job-hunting with the other new job. If i flunked, i would stay.Alhamdulillah, aku dapat keje immediately after the first interview. Once dapat, aku broke the news to my former employee which he didn't take itvery well. After a while, ok lah. Basically, i left the company on some might said in good terms but to me, i left the company hanging while it needed the resource the most. Kesian tp counteroffer yang diberi pon x berbaloi lah.Also i wanted to go back into development after lot of my time wasted in system support. Sedih gak ler. I still miss my colleagues. Joseph, Udaya, Prakash,Praveen, woon Shin, Rebecca, Kana, and few others. Also became friends with a few students kat IMU. Still teringat g keje ari2 naik LRT Star and Putra Bukit Jalil. Kalo balik keje malam mesti tidor dalam LRT. Heheh.

Cite kat Scope:
Aku masuk cini memang aku gementar. Yelah.Seblom ni keje kompeni kecik je kot. Tup, tup, terus masuk kompeni internasional yang besar. So the pressure was at all time high. Masuk je kena introduce by this girl named Sara kat the whole team. Hahah. Lemau aku.
The first month aku kat sini, i did nothing. Only reading the given documents and few other online training. Basically, aku duduk je tempat aku. Xde sorang pon tegur-menegur kecuali orang kat depan and tepi aku. Kehkeh. Little that i know, aku ingat aku sorang je trainee tapi after Dea joined, ramai lagi new joiners macam aku although they were here months earlier la.Training were okay although i failed some of the papers.Huhu.Sekarang aku dah been assigned to a team and mula nampak my clear path. To think, i was stuck in the office for almost three months without nothing to do except for browsing the internet.Heheh. Looking back,I should be grateful for those times coz sekarang busy je. Not now in particular la but coming next year, must be busy as hell..Pheww.By comparison, i think i like it when i was in IMU bacause much more flexible. If only the salary was high enough, i tell you i would grow old in there. Hahah.Sekarang ni department aku kat Scope mcm tengah struggling. I am not clear with the current conditionm myself but seeing all the upper guys who interviewed me all had left. Now majority of the department are the newbies. Last week, the only manager also had left. He advised us to go start looking for another job which has a bigger career scope other than integration. Mmhmm.Ntahla. For me biarlah aku settle dulu before a couple of years, baru aku look for another job.
Bukan ape. Time aku pindah g Scope pon ramai kata aku ni kaki lompat. I was like WTF? I only lompat from my intern job to my first job @ IMU to Scope. Celah mana aku kaki lompat tu?Heheh. Just looking and settling for better option jerk.

PS: Baru pasan OCBC Bank ade scout aku for a job. Wajarkah aku bagi feedback?Aku xmau dah digelar mat lompat :P


Current mood: Tadak task, baca buku and blogging jerk.Boring seyh.

No comments:

Post a Comment