Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Iftar : Reunion with member CS223 Ramadan 2010 :)

Another Iftar, another recap post!!

Just a little recap for the past week, this certainly was one of the highlight. Well, for several obvious reason. First, i organized this little get-together from A to Z with some help from my friends as well. Secondly, i miss my friends after hadn't seen them in quite a while.

Planning this was quite a challenge. Nak headcount and kumpul orang satu hal, nak carik the spot berbuka was another. Overall, looking back it was a success coz everybody seems happy.Initially i had several choices. With last year makan Kenny Roger's, I thought why not tukar selera and go for Ramadan buffet this time. Enough with fast food and all. To me, bulan Ramadan makan fast sungguh x nikmat. So top choices were


Restoran Kunang-kunang, Gombak
-Very famous among KL folks. About rm50 per head.Actually aku konfius this restoran dengan restoran Tupai-Tupai kat Dewan Bahasa KL tu.Ahaks. Environment pon cambest. Ala pondok2 kampung.Nice!

Restoran Bora Ombak, Ampang
- Recommended by a friend. She went there several days prior. She said the place was nicely decorated with Bali Garden motives.I like the place instantly after read it had huge surau. RM 47++ per head.

Resoran Happy Four Season, Wangsa Maju
- This was a place I discovered myself after several hardwork from googling.HAd mixed feelings about this joint regarding their halal status and its Malayness. Not that i have anything against non-malay cooking malay food but authenticity if given option, one must not ignore.To my relief, i went to survey the place prior and saw a huge Halal sign outside. Alhamdulillah. Plus, only RM29.90 per head.
SO then my friend who was assisting me with creating the FB invite started to ask confirmity about the place, i knew i had to decide the lucky option and FAST!
Then i thought how some of my friends might had relunctlancy with paying over RM50 for mediaocre buffet,hence i went for the cheapest joint, Happy 4 Season. Although i thought this was more like a bold choice. i never regret those decision. However by this time only about 9 people had confirmed to come out of around 25 out of us. OK la.

So then the day finally arrived. However, i was running with cold time tu. Huhu. Gagahkan diri jugak la. I had booked the place for 12 people the day before so that off-day morning, me and my friend went shopping kat Jalan TAR.
Pikir time tu, that was the only time aku boleh jalan-jalan soping kat sana. ANy later dat I would be busy or Jln TAR itself would be swamped with people. Not my scene la so better shop early. Time tu jalan-jalan, beli la baju Melayu sepasang with butang baju. Sampin x beli lagi. What colour? Nanti i'll surpise le you guys. Clearly it is not my usual colour that i like
but somehow, i dare myself to buy it. With a matching sampin,
I think i can look like a handsome chap for once.Hihi.My friend on the other hand borong sampai 4,5 pasang baju for the whole family. Alangkah baiknya belanja family baju :)

Then kul 6.30, kitaorg kumpul kat restoran tu. By that time, Dila,Apit and wife already there. Thankfully we were assigned to the best table of the restaurant in the Summer section. Close to everything yet enough distance away from the grill smoke, outdoor and had a picture of a pristine beach to match. Not cluttered like inside the Spring section or upstairs in the Winter and Fall section. Even perasan got extra table assigned kat sebelah meja buffet which
terlampau menyemak if you ask me.

By 7.15, all of us had arrived with the exception of Latif and his girlfriend.Allahuakbar2x. Azan sudah. Sebelum tu aku dah amek pastries which were nice. Love the durian cream puff and mango hybrid cake. I dunno what the name was but it had a layer of cake and a mango jelly on top layer. NICE!!
By this time pon sume orang dah berebut amek sate and roast lamb. The line was long, the faces were anxious and i was hungry. No way i was gonna lined up for that. Amek nasik ler. The lauk were okay. Not spicy. Loved the shrimps. Manis :) And sedar yang ayam madu restoran ni dagingnya warna gelap. I seriously thought they were lamb tu but to my surprise, chiken only. Taste was okay regardless.
My friends loved the roast lamb. I gave a few pieces a try as well. Very nicely crisped to perfection.Could not eat much after my friends scared me by said if you feel pening, it's affecting your blood pressure. Tapi rasanya that headache from my cold but why take chances to be dead kan.Hahah.


Cuma a few drawbacks i need to highlight.
-Why lar xde air panas like tea or coffee.Even xde air suam. Air sejuk yang ade pon x sejuk mana once dia refill. Air apa tu pon saya x tau. Mcm air teh ais.
-surau a bit messy upstairs at the 3rd floor. I realized it was also the floor for the staff hostel with mattress and towels lying around.
-Ayam x berapa segar except for ayam masak merah tu. Sate also not very nice. Rasa macam x properly marinated.Or was it my stuffed nose from the cold.
-Kenape 'gerai' roti canai durian lepas 30 minit lepas berbuka baru nak bukak and berasap?

Few of the good.
-Friendly staff.
-Affordable ad accessable.
-Ample parking available.
-Nice spread of sweets and pastries.
-The shrimps!

Current mood : Sleepy coz writing this, about to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment