Monday, August 2, 2010

Boikot Old Town Kopitiam






Another opinion, another new posting.

Have you guys heard the news? Ala pasal Old Town Kopitiam. Apparently they are busted in the case of forging their halal license, kes kaki katak dalam mee and etc. That’s only to name a few and God knows what happen in their kitchen.

So in my book, Oldtown dah jatuh menjadi status Syubhah. So I am not gonna step my foot in any of their branch ever again. Kalo nak ber-wifi, I’d rather go to McD or KFC. Kalo nak ajak2 lepak, please jangan ajak g Oldtown okeh.

Tolong ler. Aku memang x suka Oldtown neh. Sebenarnya aku memang x suka semua kopitiam dah. They serve small portion food with a modest taste and charge you premium for their modern decorations apparently. But then my ex dragged me trying the place. She liked the place which bothered me. She said she liked their roti baker and their coffee. Not to brag but I can make the same roti baker for free and not charging you 2 ringgit for it. Are you crazy? RM1 for a piece of stupid bread? Figure out the secret. They use a good bread, toast it, layer up with the good kaya along with the premium margarine. TADA!!! Then their coffee is too strong. Not my cup of tea. Define ironic! Heheh

But I did like their milk tea. That’s about it. But I think I can make the same tea. The secret, pour some evaporated milk( a bit costly) instead of sweetened condensed milk. No wonder I like it coz it provides this not-so-sweet taste but yet very milky. Too bad I know their secret the first time I had that drink. But not yet tried at home. HIHI.




their infamous mee perasa kaki katak.


But what wonder me the most is how ignorant they are about Muslim sensitivity. I am talking about a local company here and not foreign company so they should know better how to treat their muslim customer. You tampal your halal sign besar-besar but apparently their halal sign is not recognized by JAKIM. Then this news about their Jinjang branch was closed because all this time they were using ayam yang x disembelih mengikut syarak. Aiyo. That should be the focal point for all fellow muslim to ditch OldTown Kopitiam. How dare diaorang permainkan sensitivity orang MAJORITI Malaysia.

To make matter worst, they did nothing about this. No proper action was taken, no press release and not even an apology posted in their website. How ignorant can they be? So be it. They do not care about their Muslim customer then let’s us not go to OldTown CafĂ© anymore.

I am not gonna emphasize how OldTown Kopitiam management do not even allow Malay Muslim to buy their franchise even though you come up with the money needed and a great location. Is that racist? I don’t know. But is that questionable? Here I am asking so what’s the holdup? DON’T GO TO OLDTOWN KOPITIAM ANYMORE! Kalo dah gigih sangat nak bergaya macam Melayu Urban, I suggest you to go to Starbucks. Apparently they are now properly halal certified by Jakim. Congrats to the international company like this for being alert on the local sensitivity. The same does not go to our local company like OldTown. WTF? Darah daging woit. Jangan dibuat main-main.


Current mood : Boring ler tadak keje kat office neh. Aiyoh!! And tibe-tibe teringin makan Big Apple. Seb baik halal certified.

No comments:

Post a Comment